- 5 days | 4 nights
- Almaty – Charyn canyon – Almaty - Tamgaly Petroglyphs – Almaty
2 days / 1 nights
Tashkent - Turkestan - Tashkent
all year around
Tour highlights:Collapse All Expand All
Turkestan is a city in the south of Kazakhstan, near the Syr Darya River. One of the oldest cities in Kazakhstan. The settlement on the site of the modern city of Turkestan, located at the intersection of caravan routes from Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva to the north, appeared around 500 AD er Located 160 km north-west of Shymkent.
The main attraction of the city is the mausoleum of Ahmet Yasawi, built at the end of the XV century. Another important Islamic mausoleum in the vicinity of Turkestan is the resting place of St. Arystan-baba, the first teacher of Yasavi. Legend has it that the prophet Muhammad himself gave his rosary to Arystan Babu, and he, in turn, presented them to young Yasavi. Also in the mausoleum under the glass is a rare sample of the Koran. According to legend, when Tamerlane began to build the mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi, the construction was destroyed several times in an incomprehensible way. After that, Tamerlane had a dream in which the command was given to first build a mausoleum for Arystan Baba, and only then take care of Yasavi’s memory. So he did - and for the same reason pilgrims visit the mausoleums in that order.
08.00-09.00 Meeting at the border
10.00-11.00 Excursion to Kemekalgan to the rocks “Adam and Eve”
11.30 Excursion to Sayram
- Mausoleums of ancient Isfijab
- Mausoleum of Mother Kh.A. Yassavi –Karashash-Ana
- Visit to the KadyrAta Mausoleum.
- Mausoleum of father Kh.A. Yassavi Ibrahim Ata.
- Visit to the mausoleum of Mahmud Sheikh
Visit to the settlement "Martobe"
14.30-17.00 City tour, free time
18.00 Accommodation at the hotel
08.00-09.00 Breakfast at the hotel
Departure to Otrar
11.30 am Arystan-Bab visiting the Arystan-bab complex
- Town of Otrar
- Mausoleum of teacher Kh.A. Yassavi - Arystan Baba
12.00-13.00 Lunch, sacrifice
14.00 Departure to Turkestan (70 km)
- Visits to the mausoleum of Kh.A. Yassavi;
- Walk along the Fortress Wall around the mausoleum
- Visit the underground mosque;
- Review of the Oriental bath;
- Visiting souvenir shops;
- Familiarity with local masters of applied art and their products.
- Visit to the new Turkish Yassavi Mosque
19.00 Departure to the border
Accommodation in a hostel improved type
Transport service on the territory of Kazakhstan,
Entrance fees for objects specified in the program
Transport to the border of Uzbekistan-Kazakhstan and back.
Tips for staff.
Duration of the tour 2 days 1 night
Cities visiting Shymkent, Turkestan
Share this tour
- 7 days | 6 nights
- Ashgabat- Balkanabat - Gozli –ata – Yangigala – Turkmenbashy - Ashagabat – Derveze – Koneurgench – Dashoguz– Ashagabat
- 1 days | 0 nights
- Tashkent - Point border Oybek - Khudjand - Point border Oybek - Tashkent